Are you over 16 years old and looking to enhance your skills and experience? Do you have spare time during the week to volunteer doing what you enjoy? If YES then keep reading!
Polish British Integration Centre has launched Active Integration Project aimed specifically at people who are NOT working but are interested in “getting out there” to improve their skills, follow their interests, enhance experience or simply to improve their confidence and offer help by integrating with the local community. In return a dedicated project team will assist each client by offering:
- An enrolment session inclusive of a thorough, personalised Skills and Needs Assessment informing an Individual Career Development Plan (ICDP)
- Active Participation Skills training in very small groups developing awareness of the UK culture; communication, presentation skills, team-working (group setting), partnership working, the training content will be customised for those who need to upgrade their skills or learn new skills (including basic skills and English for non-speakers) helping them participate in the local community.
- Up to 3 of the following specialist group workshops:
Is Volunteering for me? (covering opportunities, benefits, plus preparation and help applying for volunteering placements),
ESOL for Integration, Focusing on improving English language skills to help better integration
Working for yourself (entrepreneurship skills key to self-employment, an attractive option where an individual is struggling to find work with an employer, either because they lack experience or because they face discrimination, this module has also been designed to develop awareness of third sector business structures what is needed when setting up community organisations and initiatives)
Basic Money management and Numeracy,
Employment for All (focused on work limiting illness support)
- Tailored volunteering placements
- Qualification conversion session: foreign qualifications assessed and converted to UK equivalents (using the NARIC QC database)
- Final IAG session
Each beneficiary will be assigned a dedicated mentor to support them though any challenges they may encounter, including translation, general advice (inclusive of debt advice), low level counselling and mediation.
- One to one mentoring and coaching support will also be delivered by an experienced practitioner / mentor throughout the program. This support will also be available during volunteering and in the early stages of new employment.
After completion of the program a learning coordinator will contact each client gaining programme feedback and offering additional support.
For any enquiries regarding the Active Integration Project please contact the project coordinator: email@example.com